On this page, you will find a link to the Parent Portal. You’ll also find links to for information about our Grade Level's Promotion Policy, school calendars, and more. We hope that the variety of resources we offer here will make your busy life as a Richardson parent easier. We encourage you to check in often.
Click the green icon above to get to Parent Portal which is a unique, web-based tool that allows you to securely view your child’s grades and attendance online. What does Parent Portal include? Here are a just a few features of Parent Portal:
- Assignments: View your child’s upcoming assignments as well as past assignments, including due dates and grades received.
- Triggers: Create a customized ‘alert event’ that will prompt an email or text message notification for attendance or grade activities.
- Manage multiple students: You only need one account to manage multiple students, regardless of the school. This feature allows you to add additional students to your account.
- Grades: View a summary of student averages from each report card period for all classes. Additionally, this screen serves as the point of entry for teacher-parent dialogue.
- Attendance: View a list of all non-present attendance events, such as absences and tardies, recorded during the school year.
The School/Parent Guide to the Elementary Promotion Policy is an at-a-glance summary of the Elementary Promotion Policy for the 2015-2016 school year. The current year needs to be updated. The guide assists schools and parents in determining the promotion status of students in benchmark grades 3, 6, and 8 and the requirements associated with each promotion status.
CPS urges parents to closely monitor their child's academic progress to ensure he or she stays on track throughout the school year. Parents can assist their child in meeting the promotion criteria by reviewing homework assignments with him or her, requesting to see quizzes and tests, and maintaining communication with their child's school and teacher with regards to his or her academic progress.
Students who do not satisfy the promotion criteria above will be required to attend and satisfactorily complete Summer School in order to attain promotion to the next grade.